Underwater Construction and Design: a Modern Approach
Includes a Live Event on 08/18/2022 at 10:00 AM (MDT)
The speakers, all involved in various aspects of underwater construction, will touch base on:
• What will it cost? The number one question in many people's mind; we will provide a broad range of pricing for; ROV inspection, diver inspection, dredging rates, trashrack installation
• Diver vs ROV: ROV’s are very capable in certain areas, but lack the functionality to perform some basic tasks. We will expand on last year’s discussion of when an ROV may be the right choice or when you really need a diver
• Early Contractor Involvement / Alternative Delivery; There are many ways to develop a project, we will discuss several options that bring in the contractor earlier – to head off the unknown – with the goal of more certainly of schedule and price
• Safety: not all safety plans are equal; we will discuss how a good safety program protects our employees but also protects the owner and all involved in a project
• Technology: high-quality data, when teamed with knowledgeable partners (engineers – designers – contractors) make for a safer and more cost-effective project
Business Development Account Executive
Global Diving & Salvage, Inc.
Frank Immel, has been with Global Diving & Salvage, Inc. since 2005. In his current position of Business Development Account Executive, his roles include developing and nurturing client relationships and uncovering opportunities that will benefit from Global Diving’s extensive experience and capabilities in underwater inspection, repair, maintenance and construction. Prior positions at Global include Lead Estimator and Marketing Manager.
Principal / Senior Project Manager
Infrastructure & Marine Consultants
David Gillson launched Infrastructure & Marine Consultants, LLC in 2011. His background encompasses over 35 years in the marine/underwater construction industry. His experience as a commercial diver and diving supervisor along with his experience as a Business Unit Leader and as a member of the Board of Directors for several engineering/environmental firms has led to representing owners during large marine/underwater projects. His professional pursuits have entailed the effective exercise of both executive decision-making and hands-on project and construction management. Infrastructure& Marine Consultants provides expertise in Project Management, Construction Management and QA/QC inspection services for complex industrial projects within the marine and underwater construction industry. Project Management includes; Feasibility Studies, Constructability Review during design; Construction Management includes; On-site Owners Representatives during construction. Risk Management; Change Order Review; Progress Payment Review. Final Inspection & Punch List; Construction Approval, Acceptance and Close-out.
Alex has 20 years of experience in robotic inspection, starting with the development, testing and manufacture of underwater robots, and then moving into the service side of the industry as an ROV operator, field supervisor, and project manager. Alex has worked with clients in oil & gas, hydroelectric, nuclear, water supply, wastewater, and governments.
Alex currently specializes in project planning, working with the customer and operations management to develop project scope and operational details; and project management, coordinating between the customer, suppliers, and field personnel.
Director of Business Development Structural Services
JF Brennan Company
Craig Bartheld, has been with J. F. Brennan Company, Inc. (Brennan) for over 45 years. Craig’s current position is Director of Director of Business Development Structural Services. His responsibilities include building relationships with new prospective clients and maintain relationships with existing clients. His responsibilities over the years have included, Diver, Safety Director, Diving Group Manager to his current BD position.
Sr. Project Manager/Estimator
Ballard Marine Construction
Mr. Milburn has over forty years of commercial diving experience from tender and saturation diver, to diving supervisor, diving superintendent, offshore manager, and senior project manager. His vast experience extends to all aspects of subsea construction, flowline installations, Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV) operations in Vertical Concentric Monobore – Sub Sea Tree (VCM) installations, Inspection Repair Maintenance (IRM) in both foreign and domestic arenas. He is skilled in procedural processes, project planning, task schedules, design criteria, fabrication, material service procurement, and estimating.